#057 | I Believe I Can Fly... with Samy Kwon Part 2
January 18, 2022
#057: How many Asian brothers or sisters do you know that grew up in South America speaking Spanish, and then immigrated to the US to live a better life and KILL IT? Here we have a dope convo with my Korean-Bolivian brother from another mother Samy, living a life of freedom in Cali!
This episode is just a bunch of self-help platitudes and cheesy cliches, but we don't care cause we're LIVING IT! That's life! It's DOPE!
This is Part 2. Check out Part 1 in case you missed it!
Check out the episode page for all the notes!
He also talks about investing and trading in stocks, trading for almost 11 years.
- Find something that you like, try to be the best as possible, and enjoy the process. You fail, it's fine!
- Learn as much as you can. You can learn from everyone, everything.
- 아이 빌리브 아이 캔 플라이 (Hard)
- You can find joy in just doing laundry, in every little thing you do.
- Find something that relieves your stress, whatever works for you.
- If you want to change, find your BIGGEST DEMON... YOURSELF. You really have to know yourself.
- The hardest thing is to know yourself, admit the dark things about yourself, in order to change.
- If you're not a homeless person in the street with a serious mental disorder... if you're able to listen to this podcast, you have all the opportunity to change your life, to learn and grow and be happy and live a fulfilling life! This is the most amazing time to be alive!
- Failure is okay. Don't be afraid to fail. Learn from your failures. You're failing cause you're trying.
- The beauty of this era: When you wanted to build something, it used to take 10 years. Now in this day, with the Internet, you can do it in 3 years.
- What used to take 10 years, you can do in 3. THAT'S AMAZING! You can fail 100 times!!!
- You have more chances and opportunities than ever! Go out there. DO IT!
- It's not how much you make. It's how much you keep.
- Samy loves America. Samy went to America with NOTHING. He built his life from NOTHING. He's not even that rich (or so he says!!) but he has a nice place, drives a nice car, flies wherever he wants. So if he can do it, so can you! America still has lots of opportunities. It's the land of opportunity. You can be whoever you want in America. Samy's opinion 😉
- To Asian minorities like us: People might pick on you if you're different, but that's cause they're afraid. Love yourself. Just being Asian is awesome. Somebody says something bad to you? It's cause they're scared of you. Being a foreigner, you're already better, because you're of two cultures. It takes a lot to learn two or more cultures.
- Don't be afraid to put yourself out there, live your life. Time never comes back. Life is beautiful. Love the process. Everything can be yours. You can be whatever you want to. You can do it. Just do it. It's normal to feel down at times. You're not a machine, it's human. I have those feelings too. You can do whatever you wanna do.
- Don't compare yourself to others. You're unique as a person. Love yourself.
- Everyone has the opportunity to become the best version of themselves.
Reach out to Samy on:
or his emailSupport the show